In this episode of the Allegheny Front, we check out how eating insects might be the next big thing in environmentally friendly protein, and dig into what happens to your recycling once it leaves the curb.
Listen to this episode (29:00)
Stories in this episode
- Eating Crickets is Good for You—and the Planet
Meat carries a bigger carbon footprint than most foods. But an Ohio couple is raising an environmentally friendly protein you can get behind—as long as you’re okay with eating insects.
- No—Your Recycling is not Just Going to the Landfill. Well, Most of it Isn’t.
It does seem impossible that somebody is separating paper receipts from soda cans. But we can assure you, your recycling is getting sorted. And the whole system is pretty high-tech.
- Gov. Wolf Announces Plan to Reduce Methane Emissions
Governor Wolf's plan to reduce methane emissions from the natural gas industry is part of a larger plan to tackle climate change.
- In Coal Country, No Cash In Hand For Billions In Cleanup
When coal companies go bankrupt, often the insurance designed to cover clean-up costs turns out to be little more than a promise.
- Skiing’s Future in Pennsylvania Depends on Pace of Climate Change
In Pennsylvania, the ski industry has a $360 million dollar annual economic impact. But climate scientists predict half of the state's resorts could be forced to close in the coming decades.