An alleged bribery scandal at the highest levels of Ohio politics produced a clean air bill that benefitted nuclear and coal plants over wind and solar energy. Plus, how important are environmental issues for voters as they head to the polls in November? And a one-of-a-kind prairie habitat in Pennsylvania is home to an endangered rattlesnake and a lot of wildflowers.
- A Rare Prairie in Pennsylvania is in Full Bloom Right Now - The prairie, full of about 225 native plants, is at Jennings Environmental Center. A self-guided walk is available through August 2. Don't miss it!
- Rising Seas Put Hundreds of Superfund Sites at Risk, Study Says - The report, “A Toxic Relationship, Extreme Coastal Flooding and Superfund Sites,” says the Trump Administration’s EPA is shirking its responsibility to warn the public and protect public health.
- Joe Biden’s Evolving Climate Policy - Joe Biden’s climate plan has become more aggressive. But is it enough to limit the worst outcomes of runaway climate change?
- Ohio Energy Scandal ‘Vindicates’ Renewables Advocates - An alleged bribery scheme at the highest levels of Ohio politics benefitted nuclear and coal plants. Renewable energy companies say the deck has been stacked against them for years.
- Western Pennsylvania Voters Talk Climate Change And Fracking - In the lead-up to the general election, four western Pennsylvania voters talk about what could sway their votes when it comes to energy and the environment.