In this episode, we drop in on a Pittsburgh t-shirt shop that’s become an outfitter for the Trump resistance and reflect on takeaways from the historic protest at Standing Rock.
Listen to this episode (29:00)
Stories in this episode
- The Viral T-Shirts of the Trump Resistance Are Made Right Here in Pittsburgh
So those 'Rogue NASA' and 'Resist' Smokey Bear protest shirts you've seen all over the internet — turns out, they're made right here in the 'Burgh.
- What Have We Learned from the Historic Protest at Standing Rock?
Standing Rock could be a prelude to national conversations on energy, Native American sovereignty and climate change.
- Why Environmental Issues are Personal for Many Latino Americans
Environmentalist Adrianna Quintero talks about why environmental issues, climate change and immigration policy are all deeply linked for many Latino communities.
- Please Don’t Take Away My Girl Scout Camp
The Girl Scouts of Western Pennsylvania announced recently that it plans to close five Girl Scout camps in the region. A veteran scout reflects on what she and other girls stand to lose.
- Pennsylvania Confirms First Fracking-Related Earthquakes
Fracking-induced earthquakes have been detected in neighboring Ohio before, but the five tremors recorded in western Pennsylvania in 2016 are the state's first.