This week on The Allegheny Front, why children are uniquely vulnerable to climate change. And, millions of self-described environmentalists don’t vote. What’s up with that? Plus, do you know your rights when it comes to the environment?
Listen to this episode (29:00):
Stories in this episode
- This Federal Program Helped Pay for a Park Near You. Now its Future is in Limbo.- Public lands, outdoor recreation, community parks, historic battlefields - all receive money from the Land and Water Conservation Fund.
- How Climate Change Hurts Kids’ Health- More severe storms, rising sea levels and temperatures will affect all of us in one way or another. But children are uniquely vulnerable.
- House Explodes in Greene County; Investigators Suspect Methane Migration- The explosion happened after a man tried to light a stove in the home. The man, his girlfriend, and a child were all life-flighted to a burn center in Pittsburgh.
- Environmentalists Could Change Election Outcomes. They Just Need to Vote.- In the 2014 midterm election, more than 15 million environmentalists --all registered voters-- didn't show up. Will they this time?
- Your Constitutional Right to Clean Air and Pure Water- Pennsylvania was among the first governments in the world to guarantee its citizens the right to a clean environment. In practice, that didn’t mean much — until now.