In this episode, we talk with a former hedge fund manager who’s putting millions into the fight against climate change and get a preview of the peak fall color heading for southwestern Pennsylvania.
Listen to this episode (29:00)
Stories in this episode
- Peak Colors are Coming to Southwestern Pennsylvania This Week - Leaves have already gone red, orange and yellow in much of the higher elevations of northern Pennsylvania. But the southwestern and central parts of the state should get their turn starting this weekend.
- The Billionaire Who’s Fighting to Stop Runaway Climate Change - When the history of the climate change era is written, Tom Steyer will likely get more than a footnote. But can bringing big money to the fight really make a difference?
- Billionaire Candidate for WV Governor Owes Millions for Environmental Violations - Jim Justice is banking on his record as a businessman to carry him to the state's highest office. But a recent investigation revealed that his companies owe millions in back taxes and fines.
- Has the Pennsylvania Senate Race Become a Proxy War for National Interests? - The tight contest between incumbent Republican Pat Toomey and his Democratic challenger Katie McGinty may help decide who controls the U.S. Senate.
- Elk Mating Really Gets Pennsylvania Going - Thousands of visitors are flocking to Elk County to take in one of the wildest wildlife rituals of the Pennsylvania fall.