In this episode, we come at climate change from a few different directions. And if it all feels like too much, how about starting with cleaning up in your own front yard. (photo: Jeff Walters / flickr)
Listen to this episode (29:00)
Stories in this episode
- Global Warming: How Bad Can It Be?- From our Trump on Earth podcast, we ask whether a reckoning with some of the horrifying possibilities of climate change moves people to action or complacency?
- City Wins in Pittsburgh Garbage Olympics- Cleaning up litter is expensive for cities. Making a game of it inspires community building.
- Appalachian “Innovators” Offer New Ideas for the Region- The region looks for ways to boost entrepreneurs, outdoor recreation, tourism, and marketing locally made products.
- Desert in a Box- A team of scientists is cataloging the minute details of threatened ecosystems so that we can rebuild them should they ever disappear.
- Gore Tells Climate Activists: ‘We’re Going to Win This’- Al Gore comes to Pittsburgh and brings what is by now his signature visual aide: his slide show.