In this episode, we dig into what’s behind a recent increase in air pollution from Pennsylvania’s gas industry and visit with scientists who are cataloging the planet’s ecosystems for future terra-engineering projects.
Listen to this episode (29:00)
Stories in this episode
- Desert in a Box - A team of scientists is cataloging the minute details of threatened ecosystems so that we can rebuild them should they ever disappear.
- Here’s How to Tell if You Have Lead Pipes in Your Home - This easy how-to guide helps you check if you might have lead lurking in your home's pipes and faucets.
- Natural Gas Emissions in Pennsylvania are Up. Here’s Why. - Our energy reporter Reid Frazier digs into the state's new data on air pollution from oil and gas sites in Pennsylvania.
- Turning Invasive Species into Art - Michigan artist Jane Kramer is using paper made from the fibers of invasive plants to put a spotlight on some of the region's most threatened plant species.
- Through the Back Channel - On a hidden spot on the Allegheny River, a league of dragon boaters is learning respect for nature—and each other.