From talking to kids about the uncertainty of a warming planet to educating ourselves about climate science, we hear from people grappling with the enormity of the climate crisis. We go inside one of Pennsylvania’s most energy efficient buildings. Pa. announces studies on health impacts from fracking.
- State to Fund Studies on Fracking and Cancers, Other Health Effects - The state will spend $3.9 million to explore the potential health effects of fracking after months of pressure from families of cancer patients in Washington County.
- One Teen Grapples With Her Questions About Climate Change - "I want to understand." Kayonia Sowell wishes she would have learned about climate change in school.
- Essay: A Song of Pause Amid the Climate Crisis - When a giant cherry tree crushed her new electric car while she and her friend were in it, a climate educator says it's time to listen to the universe.
- Inside one of Pennsylvania’s most energy-efficient buildings - The building actually generated 75 percent more energy than it consumed–thanks to more than 500 solar panels on the roof, a ground-mounted solar array, and 20 geothermal wells.
- Climate Change is Scary. Here’s How to Talk to Kids About It. - Skip the doomsday talk. Focus on the positive things that people are doing.