In this episode, on the prowl with two of our area’s best orchid hunters. And we dig into what what Trump’s EPA budget cuts mean for Pennsylvania.
Listen to this episode (29:00)
Stories in this episode
- The Red State Paradox - Who are the people who gave Trump their votes? And where does their vision for the environment come from?
- On the Hunt for Wild Orchids - West Virginia is one of the best places around to find wild orchids. A couple of local enthusiasts even discovered a rare orchid there. "Some people play golf, we did North American orchids."
- Alcoa Leaves a Dirty Legacy - The small country of Suriname learns about the curse of resource extraction as Alcoa moves out.
- The Emerging Demand for “Greener” Aluminum - Alcoa is officially moving its headquarters back to Pittsburgh at a time when worldwide sales of aluminum are on the rise. But can the industry meet the demand for “greener” aluminum?
- Report: Proposed EPA Budget Cuts Will Impact Waste Cleanup in PA - Pennsylvania received more than $51 million in EPA grants to cleanup brownfields and Superfund sites over the last five years. But those funds are now in jeopardy.