A fine for Energy Transfer for a pipeline spill in Ohio. And a proposed cracker plant in Ohio gets a critical permit. Plus, how fire is helping create new habitat for an imperiled songbird. We have tips on what to do if an invasive jumping worm is invading your garden.
- $246.8 million plan would complete loop of trails and parks along Pittsburgh’s downtown riverfronts - The plan for the 15-mile stretch of riverfront in the Golden Triangle would bring swimming to the Strip District and a new park near the West End Bridge.
- Lawmakers move to block Pennsylvania from climate program, offer federal money instead - The bill would give $250M in federal COVID money for emissions reduction programs. But RGGI could bring in as much as $700M a year if Pa. joins.
- Q&A: Federal pipeline regulator fines Energy Transfer $40M, blamed “corporate culture” for large spill into Ohio wetland - Four years after a massive spill of drilling mud polluted a wetland, FERC issued a $40 million fine. But is it too little, too late?
- Ohio regulators renew wastewater permit for proposed ethane cracker in Ohio - The company proposing a second ethane cracker for the region hasn't made a final decision to move forward.
- Burning the Forest to Protect One of its Most Threatened Visitors - Normally starting a blaze on public land is frowned upon by the Game Commission, but these fires could help save a warbler from extinction.
- How to prevent invasive jumping worms from ruining your garden - The wriggling intruders degrade the structure of soil and deplete its nutrients, but we have some tips to keep them out of your garden.
- Pennsylvania lawmakers push pro-fossil fuel bills, citing Russia’s war and energy security - A slate of bills aimed at boosting the natural gas industry under the claim of energy security has passed a committee in the Pa. House.