On this week’s Allegheny Front, we explore what student activists are taking away from the climate talks in Paris and get a tour of the new environmental center being built in Pittsburgh’s Frick Park.
Listen to this episode (29:00)
Stories in this episode
- This is What the New Environmental Center at Frick Park Will Look Like- In 2002, a fire destroyed the environmental education center in Pittsburgh's Frick Park. But the new center, now under construction, will be a world-class green building.
- Kerry Calls for ‘Bold’ Action at Close of Climate Summit- Secretary of State John Kerry called on global leaders to not let political dysfunction get in the way of saving the planet for future generations.
- What Student Activists are Taking Away from the UN Climate Talks- Outside the formal negotiations in Paris, students activists are hoping to leave their mark on the global conversation about climate change.
- Gas Leaks Could Be Killing City Trees in Philadelphia- Trees that line city streets can be especially vulnerable to pests, disease and lack of water. But it turns out gas leaks could also be killing trees.
- A Gas Station Christmas- The romance of selling Christmas trees at his family's gas station is a treasured part of Joey Spehar's holiday memory—even if it was a lot of work.