What’s the future of farming in Pa.? Environmentalists push for more monitoring of the petrochemical industry. A fear of winter camping turns into wonder. A final agreement with U.S. Steel to deal with air pollution.
- Essay: Winter camping, an unexpected love - How a winter with the Student Conservation Association turned this city dweller into a lover of cold nights spent outdoors.
- Ohio River Regulators Planning Riverwide PFAS Study - Twenty locations along the river including Pa. will be sampled for this group of "forever chemicals" associated with reproductive problems, liver, kidney and thyroid disease, and cancer.
- What Does the Future of Farming in Pennsylvania Look Like? - Aging farmers, expensive farmland and pressure from development are the big challenges facing one of the state's key industries.
- U.S. Steel, Health Department Finalize Air Pollution Settlement Agreement - The final settlement requires U.S. Steel to pay $2.7 million in fines as well as make $200 million worth of improvements to the facility.
- Clean Water Group to Start Monitoring Near Proposed Ethane Cracker in Ohio - Freshwater Accountability Project will collect air and water quality data near schools, and daycare and senior centers close to the site in Belmont County.