This week on The Allegheny Front, a new book uses Pittsburgh as the model for a sustainable future. Plus, new reporting on a very old, entrenched issue. And, the creature that is literally sucking the life out of fish in the Great Lakes.
Listen to this episode (29:00)
Stories in this episode
- This Guy is Literally Sucking the Life Out of Fish - Sea lamprey numbers have jumped in Lake Erie over the last three years. The trend is stumping - and worrying - scientists.
- The Diversity Problem in the Oil and Gas Industry - Industry executives say they want a more diverse workforce, but a history of racism makes it difficult to attract minority workers.
- Author Uses Pittsburgh as Model for Sustainable Future - The new book explores creating a sustainable city without leaving anyone behind.
- Natural Gas Plant Proposed for Coal-Rich Greene County - The project is among dozens vying to take advantage of Pennsylvania's booming gas industry.
- Future in Limbo for Coal Ash Site - A Greene County coal ash landfill won’t be receiving any more coal waste until December, at the earliest. An environmental group hopes that the landfill may have seen its last shipment of the waste.